In order to access PowerChurch Online, you need to have a small piece of software installed on your local machine.
If you do not already have the software installed, proceed with downloading the IDS Client below.
Downloading and Installing the IDS Client [Return]
Please choose your operating system from the links below. Connection instructions can be found in the next section.
Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file
- Click here to download powerchurchonline.exe.
When prompted, choose to save it to a convenient place on your hard drive.
- Double-click the newly downloaded file to run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install.
- Click here to download powerchurchonline.dmg.
If prompted, choose to save it to a convenient place on your hard drive.
- The program should automatically start once the download is complete.
If it does not, double-click to run the installer.
- Click Continue on the installer using the default settings. Click Close when the installation is complete.
- From Finder, click Go > Applications. Double click the PowerChurch Online icon.
- You can create shortcuts to the PowerChurch Online Client by dragging the icon onto the Desktop or Dock.
Please note: This client is compatible with OSX 10.7 and higher (INCLUDING 10.11 El Capitan) running on an Intel-based Mac (not a PowerPC).
There is not a PowerChurch-branded Linux client available, and the clients that do exist work on only a very limited number of Linux versions. These are the supported versions, and this is taken directly from our vendor's website:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6
- CentOS 5 and 6
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
All the above versions are 32bit or 64bit.
Any version not explicitly listed above will probably not work. For instance, the Ubuntu version of the client will not install on Ubuntu 13.04, the Red Hat version will not install on Fedora, etc. So if you have a version other than these, you can try to download and install, but we were not successful in getting them to run in our testing.
Ubuntu client link
Red Hat, CentOS, SUSE client link
Install using your distribution's package manager, and run with the command 'ids'
There are several command line parameters you can pass to the client:
- -h online.mypowerchurch.com (host)
- -hp 491 (host port - 491 is the default though)
- -a powerchurchplus (auto-launch PowerChurch, bypassing the Program Window)
- -mm 1 (activate support for multiple monitors)
- -u pcu12345 (your username)
- -p password (your password)
We have designed a mobile web access site to give you access to your Membership information (contact information, activities, and visitations) from any computer or device with web access.
This page will ask for:
- Your organization's PowerChurch Online username
- Your PowerChurch Plus username
- Your PowerChurch Plus password
The above method is how we recommended you access your PowerChurch Online data from a smartphone.
You can also access PowerChurch Online using one of the device-specific clients available for iOS (iPad/iPhone) or Android devices from Go Global. Please note that these clients are not supported by PowerChurch Software or IDS Links.
PLEASE NOTE: While it is *possible* to run PowerChurch Online on your iPhone or Android Smartphone, it is not recommended you do so. The screen size is too small to be of any real use - PowerChurch is designed to be a desktop application. Any resolution less than 1024x768 is not recommended at all - you will have difficulty viewing the application as intended. Please use the PowerChurch Mobile app listed above to access information from your phone. Android *tablets* and iPads are appropriate platforms for viewing information such as reports, but are not well suited for data entry beyond minor updates.
Once you've installed the client, follow the instructions below to connect to our servers. Please bear in mind that the interface in these unofficial clients may be slightly different than what the instructions indicate.
Accessing the PowerChurch Online Demo [Return]
- If you have not already done so, download and install the appropriate client software from the list above.
- Run the client software.
- If prompted for the server (host) name, enter online.mypowerchurch.com.
- When prompted for a username, enter demo1, demo2, or demo3.
- When prompted for a password, enter demo.
If accessing the mobile web demo, use demo1, demo2,
as the PowerChurch Online username along with the username and password listed above.